and kids

and kids

Monday, May 16, 2016

Executive Assistant to the Pastor

From April 2015-December 2015, I was scrambling. Per my Christmas letter, I was working five different jobs just trying to pay half the bills. It was beyond stressful. It forced me to lean on God more, but I did feel an odd peace that something was coming.

I have fought many, many years to keep my home office and not work outside the home. Real Estate became way too much for me and I felt 100% sure I was suppose to step away from that job. I felt sure, but I was also unsure how I was supposed to proceed. April thru December were very difficult. Financially difficult. Emotionally difficult. Physically difficult. But God is good. And He is faithful.

After much prayer, discussion, negotiations, and more prayer, I accepted a job at CPC as the Executive Assistant to the Pastor. I have taken on many of the Church Administrator jobs, but I am also a personal secretary to our new pastor. So far, I feel this is the right fit for me. The requirements of the job seem to be what God has been preparing me for over the last 20 years. I know that sounds extreme and/or strange, but there are so many things in my job description that correlate with various experiences I've had in my life since college.

I am thankful for this job. It is where I am supposed to be right now. It isn't always easy, but I am grateful to serve the church, work with great people, and feel good about my occupation at the end of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter