and kids

and kids

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Daeg Running

Daegan decided he wanted to run and learn to be fit.  He decided it as his soccer season began to wind down.  So, even as summer has come, he has set his watch alarm and got up each morning and gone for a run.

I don't like for him to go alone, so he has forced a brother to go, he has taken the dog, and I go with him more and more often - which I appreciate the motivation.

He is amazing.  Actually, he never ceases to amaze me.  When he sets his mind to do something, he just makes it happen.

He has had me teach him how to lift weights to tone (only 3 lb weights, nothing drastic).  He has had me teach him ab exercises and leg exercises and he has made a calendar to pick a muscle group each day after his run.

I asked him "why"?  I was just curious.  He said he knew he wasn't the best soccer player and he would have to try out since he is headed to Middle School and he just wanted to be ready.

Should I tell him the season doesn't start until February?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter