and kids

and kids

Friday, May 22, 2015

Daegan's Graduation Speech

Our class verse is Colossians 3:12-14, “Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.  Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another forgive as the Lord forgave you.”

The first part of the verse tells us that we are God’s chosen people and we are holy and dearly loved.  This helps us remember that we are special and, no matter what, God loves us.  No matter how much we mess up, God will still love us.  This is encouraging when I am bad and down in the dumps.

The next part of the verse tells us to be compassionate, kind, humble, gentle, and patient.  Some of these are harder for me than others.  For example, being patient isn’t easy.  I find it very hard to be patient, but I am the middle child with three brothers and a sister, so I must practice patience often.  

Mrs. Sikkema’s class and the rest of 5th grade showed me a lot of compassion the first semester when I missed 2 ½ months of school and had to Skype classes and my mom had to teach me lessons.  That felt good.

I will do my best to remember to be compassionate, kind, humble, gentle AND PATIENT, just as we are instructed to do.

The third and final section of this verse speaks about forgiveness.  If you can remember not to hold grudges against others, and remember this verse, it will remind you that God forgave you - so why would you not forgive others?  This reminder has helped me to forget and forgive what people have done to me.

As you can see, this verse is a very helpful verse to remember in so many ways.  It has helped me a lot this year, so I hope you will take the time to memorize it.  If you are looking for a verse to memorize, I would highly recommend Colossians 3:12-13.

Thank you to my parents for sending me to CCS and to my teachers for teaching me this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter