and kids

and kids

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Welcoming in 2015

I don't do resolutions, I don't think?  Do I say that every year, but make a list anyway?  I am a list maker.  You would think that New Year's Resolutions would be my thing....

So, why do "resolutions" scare people?

I think it is because people feel like a failure when they don't follow thru?  I looked up the definition of resolution and here is what the dictionary said:
 1) a firm decision to do or not do something
 2) the action of solving a problem

Easy enough?   *sigh*

I like making lists.  I like solving problems.  And, my kids will tell you, if I decide on something, it is a firm decision.  But, "resolutions" are hard.

I am going to make a list of 2015 Goals.  Is that cowardly?  Or just realistic?

Definition of goal: the object of a person's ambition or effort; an aim or desired result

So, my 2015 Goals ~

  • Pray Big - if you've been around me at all, you know that prayer is huge for me and I wouldn't survive without that aspect in my life.  2014 was challenging and the last sermon preached at CPC actually challenged us to pray big - just another reminder.
  • Meal Planning - I know that is a huge step down from "prayer" but it is vital for our family and something I struggle with immensely as a working mom.  I really must get better at purposefully grocery shopping trips and good meal plans.  It would really help us stay on budget too.  Suggestions welcome
  • Budget better - always a goal
  • Reflecting Christ in my Roles:
  1. Supportive Wife - I am supportive of Jason, but I am also very stubborn and opinionated and disrespectful sometimes.  I cringe sometimes at myself, but I am too stubborn in the moment to fix it.  Lord, forgive me
  2. Honorable Mother - I try to be the mother my children need, but I know I often fail.  I love them dearly and try to "fill their love tanks" individually, but I put work before them, I let my stress out on them, and I yell often.  Lord, forgive me.
  3. Respectable Employee - I am really good at my job when I give 100%.  I often have a bad attitude because I never wanted to be a working Mom, but I need to be thankful for the flexibility of my job and the income it brings into our home.  Lord, forgive me.
  • Weight Loss - this is a personal goal that I set out on last Christmas.  I wanted to take it very slowly.  I needed/wanted to lose a certain amount the first year and then hoped to get back into exercise the second year and lose the second half (my history has been to start hard aerobics at my heaviest, hurt myself and be set back for months).   Well, in 2014, I lost 40 lbs.  So proud, but onto 2015 to get fit while I lose the second half.  
So, 2015, here I come!  I know you will bring challenges toward each one of my goals, but I pray I can stay focused on Christ above all things and remember to PRAY BIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter