and kids

and kids

Monday, January 5, 2015

Resilient..Resilience

With the start of the new year, I was asked to join an online group called "One Word".  Some of the girls I know, some of them I sorta know, and some I do not know at all.  We have all been asked to pick one word we will focus on in 2015, and throughout the year, we will share with one another how we strive for that word, Spiritually.

There is no schedule, just share as you feel led.  It is a private message board and you can share as you can, read as you can and respond to others as you can.

So far, I have been blessed to be a part of this group.

My word, Resilient.  It was the word that came to me immediately when asked to join but I waited a few days trying to search out the perfect word.  I couldn't decide if it was a negative or a positive. The reason being was when I looked up the definition it said "able to spring back into shape after being stretched". I want to be more flexible to what The Lord has in store for me. I want to be tougher and able to be stretched. But I don't want to "spring back" exactly how I was. I want to grow from those experiences. Resilient is a good word for me, but resilient...and learning. Not resilient and growing hard or numb toward God. When I saw on the list of antonyms it said rigid and stiff, I felt more comfortable choosing RESILIENT as my word.

Some other words: Diligent, Go, Trust, Identity, Strong, Detox, Surrender, Engage, just to name a few.

Some of the posts already shared have been huge encouragements for me.  Encouraging to see what others are struggling with, as odd as that may sound?  Encouraging to have these ladies praying for me even tho they do not know me.  Encouraging to hear some of their experiences and lessons they have learned.

This was my first post, just to share:

With the confession by Kim regarding bible reading, it made me think. Many of us are probably in the same boat. I know I am! I have a form of dyslexia that makes reading comprehension hard and I think I use that as an excuse often. I either have to read easy bible studies or read one passage in the bible twenty times to understand it. Kim's post made me determined to get my butt in the Word in 2015.

This morning, I sat down to read, with thoughts of reading something like Psalms or Proverbs, but my app was open in Esther. I am a preacher's kid, but I am terrible at knowing the details of bible stories. I don't retain that information well. I decided to start in Esther 1 and refresh my memory. I ended up reading the whole book. Wow!

My word is RESILIENCE. And what a perfect picture Esther is of being stretched and pulled but always staying in true form of what is right. Read Esther if you haven't lately.

Ironically, that is my middle name...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter