and kids

and kids

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wild, Wacky Wednesdays

To make sure my kids have some fun this Summer, I am taking Wednesday afternoons off.  This gives me the freedom to plan something fun and not worry about answering my phone or checking my e-mails.  It is great.  I really appreciate it from my Team.  And the kids are thankful and look forward to our next Wednesday adventure.

Today, I wasn't sure what we were going to do.  I didn't really have a plan.  Last minute, I decided the Incline.  The kids have been asking to go for many, many years - and this was the day!  If you aren't familiar with this site it is described as one of the steepest passenger railways in the world. 

And it was hot - I think 94 degrees?  

Here we are cooling off by the fan, waiting for the Incline to pick us up.  
 Our tickets

 At the bottom, it is steep, but you don't realize how "not steep" it is until you get to the top.
 Passing Train #1
 When we got to the top, we decided to venture down to Point Park.
Please note the kids on the left side of the walk and the one daughter teetering on the edge of the walk-way.  What is on the right side of the walk you ask?  A cliff off the mountain.
It was a beautiful day.  And I am so happy to be so close to this beautiful city.
But it was so hot!!!  I was not prepared at all for this trip, which is not very characteristic of me.  And I will not tell you how much I paid for some gatorades just to pull us through the heat.  But the kids had fun!
 Especially, when cannons were available.
 And after we left this spot of the park, we saw a sign that said "No climbing on the cannons".  Oops!
 A Monument I was too hot and tired to read about.  I told the kids to ask Papa what it was later.
 We headed into a local shop (the one with the pricey gatorades) and the boys wanted to buy everything in the store.  Especially these hats (which I'm told were the wrong color) and these AWESOME guns.
 So, when you get back on the Incline to go back down, it is very, very, very steep.
 Capps wasn't so sure about the safety.
 Daegan being goofy about the lack of speed.
 And, Mac, who was nervous to begin with - was loving it!
 Of course, we had to stop and get some ice cream at Mr. T's
It was hot, we were exhausted, but I think everyone had fun!  And we made a few more memories for the blog!

1 comment:

  1. awesome day!! Yeah, I always see the "no climbing" signs after we climb too!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter