and kids

and kids

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Where are the butterfly bandaids?

That is the text I got from Jason while I was out this morning.  Seriously?  You think you can leave it at that and not explain?

I was already on my way home and I called.  Apparently, Capps had busted his knee open.  Mollee had cleaned it up and Jason was just finding out about it. 

I got back to the house and I knew it was deep.  And it was on his knee - the most active joint in my opinion.  So, we headed to the doctor. 
Five stitches later....
 
Capps did well.  He did not appreciate the cleaning, but he didn't move a muscle.  Then the lidocaine helped the stitches go better. 
 
Dr. said no swimming for ten days.  The knee is the number one place for stitches infection and you have to keep it dry and protected.  Not an easy task for such an active kid!
 
One the way home, my monkey told me that we still could go to the pool and he would just sit and watch.  He didn't want everyone else to suffer even though he couldn't swim.  I love that kid!!!

1 comment:

Site Meter