and kids

and kids

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Sandy Hook Reality Check

Sandy Hook Elementary will be a place we all know for many years to come.  Probably for the rest of our lives.  A horrific tragedy.  A reminder of sin.  A devastating loss for so many.

I remember when I heard about the massacre, my mind went numb.  How do you even process such information?  I think my mind is still numb.  I've prayed for all the families that have lost loved ones.  Mothers, Children, Sisters, Wives, Children.

I've read all the comments scrolling on my Facebook page.  I've read numerous online articles.  I've watched the news.  I've cried.  I've prayed.  Prayed for peace and comfort for those families.  I've watched some tributes - The Voice, NFL, etc.  I've seen many interviews.  And I've cried some more. 

I won't use this as a gun control debate forum right now, but how can anyone think that only allowing non-law abiding citizens to have the guns is a good idea?  Moving on...

Most importantly, for me, right now -  I've hugged my kids a little harder.  I've hugged them a little tighter.  I've snuggled with them in front of the Christmas Tree.  I've enjoyed being with them. 

I've been stuck at home with a sick kid for 25 days in a row.  I've had a few mental breakdowns.  But, I got to tuck all five of my kiddos in bed tonight.  I've got nothing to complain about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter