and kids

and kids

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Best Birthday Weekend...Ever...

Gretchen Style! (and it is only half done)

Yesterday I turned 36.  Jason sent me to the salon to get my hair blonde (I'll post pictures soon).  I wanted to go really, really blonde, but since I have been dying my hair red for so long, I couldn't just go blonde in one shot.  Maybe I'll go blonder next time, maybe not?  It is just fun for me to play with my hair color even if some people don't understand the extremes.

Jason set up a babysitter (all by himself) for us to go out to dinner last night.  When he got home from work, he brought me some Dove chocolate and this beautiful vase of flowers.
Our babysitter - CHRISTINE - just happens to be my good friend, Heidie's, daughter!  When she came, she brought these flowers from Heidie.  I love having fresh flowers around the house!
In another "Gretchen Style" way - Jason and I started our date by stopping at the doctor's house first so he could look at my poison ivy.  Then after our date, we got to stop by the pharmacy on the way home.  Seems so appropriate for me! :)

I had no idea where we were going, but only because it was my decision and I couldn't decide.  We ended up at Logan Roadhouse because I really just wanted a good steak.  It was soooo good.  I had salad and baked potato and Jason got prime rib.  We are so predictable and boring!

After dinner we went to Barnes and Noble and got a few things we've been wanting.  After getting my meds at the pharmacy, we went to Steak-N-Shake for milk shakes - again, so predictable - I got Mocha with caramel sauce and Jason got Butterfinger.

Since my birthday fell on a Friday, and that was our date night, we told the kids we'd celebrate on Saturday. 

We had Krispy Kreme for breakfast - yum!  (Can you tell the way to my heart is thru my stomach, hmmmm?)  Then Jason took the kids shopping and this is what they came back with:
Of course, no one could wait so they gave them to me right away.  Yeah!  I love them! 

Jason did a great job this year!  I have felt so special and had a great 36 hours.  I think we'll probably just do cereal for dinner or I might take advange of a few hours of birthday celebrating and get Jase to go get me some chicken noodle soup from Panera, so I don't have to cook.  And Mom is making me stew and pound cake for lunch tomorrow. 

It has been wonderful to turn 36!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter