and kids

and kids

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cherishing my time

I've been feeling like I'm in a whirlwind lately. I've delayed, maybe emotionally as well as physically, getting Mac registered for kindergarten. They have assesment tests in January and again in April. Because of my delay, we are scheduled for April.

Someone asked me the other day, "Is Mac going to kindergarten or are you holding him back too?" Then it hit me, like a ton of bricks, Jason and I held back the other boys and haven't even discussed it for Mac's sake. Why? Because he turned five and we just registered him and we are both a little stressed these days.

So, I don't really have an answer for that question. We will do the assesment and go from there. Honestly, it will have to be Jason's call. I don't want him to go just yet, so my emotions might hinder that decision.

Over Christmas, my Aunt Candy and I were talking about life and fast it goes and how stressed things can get. When I said something about my job and being so busy and Mac going to kindergarten, she said, "Cherish your time you have at home with him, once he is off to school (whether it be this year or the next), you won't get that time back."

So, that is what I'm trying to do (starting now). Each week, I'm going to try to have a date with Mac. Not to spoil him, but to not let paperwork and a dirty house get in the way of what might be the last three months I have of just him and me.

Today we went to the mall playground, we haven't been there since they remodeled, and he was thrilled!
We also went and had his picture made, something I've been wanting to do for many, many months. I really wanted to get his 4-year old picture made before he turned 5, but I didn't make it.

The pictures are precious and I'm so excited I finally got them done. I've tried not to buy any special prints (collages) of the kids because if I got it for one, I'd feel bad if I didn't have the money the next time for another. But I couldn't resist this time.

He's my last one, I'm allowed. Right?

1 comment:

  1. We're scheduled for April too, and uh, I just signed her up yesterday. Thanks for this post, I need to remember to be purposeful with my time and SK too. I'm afraid she's gotten the short end of the "mommy time" stick. ;) Needed this reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter