and kids

and kids

Monday, February 20, 2012

24 hours to refresh

Jason and I were given a hotel stay at the Chattanooga Choo Choo for our 15th Anniversary in October. We hadn't used it and when I realized it expired at the end of February, we decided to go this Sunday since the kids had no school Monday (it would be a lot more work for Grandma to get kids ready for school then to just have them spend the night and play).

So, after our family Sunday lunch, we talked to Ruth and Gary (which we try to do each Sunday), helped clean up lunch and then headed home to pack. Note to self: don't pack without normal lists. I forgot my contact solution/glasses, toothpaste (thankfully had mouthwash), socks, and a few other things....

For Christmas, Jason's brother and sister-in-law gave us a Chattanooga Gift Card, which we were able to use for our meals, which was awesome! It was nice to get away, especially with no charges to us. I am not the kind to go without the kids for too long, but 24 hours was a perfect amount of time.

We checked in early and then headed downtown for a late dinner at Lupi's Pizza. I couldn't convince Jason to take advantage of the heated pool, but we did enjoy cable T.V. and were able to see some movies we've wanted to see.

This morning, Monday, we were able to be lazy, something I don't do well. There was no pitter-patter of feet up and down the hall (maybe a barking dog that I don't want to talk about) and there was no one I needed to get breakfast for. I was able to get an uniterrupted bath and Jason got to sleep in (mostly). I am so bad at sleeping in that I got antsy, but a pot coffee in the room was my peace offering getting up too early.

We walked around the shops at the Choo Choo, bought a trinket for our trip and then headed back downtown to eat lunch at Sticky Fingers. From my seat I could see a new frozen yogurt shop that I decided to save room for. So, after lunch I convinced Jason to walk down to Top It Off Frozen Yogurt.

Then we headed to pick up the kids.

And *poof*, back to reality!!!

1 comment:

  1. aaww...so fun. glad you got to do it. yep, the *poof* always comes a little too soon.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter