and kids

and kids

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Turning 10 Party for Tavis

We only do a 10-year old birthday party. When I reminded Tavis of this a few weeks ago, we came up with the idea of taking him and his friends to the Tellus Science Museum - no siblings!

So, today was the day! Christine came and stayed with the siblings and Jason and I took four of Tavis' friends to the museum.

Everyone came around 12:30 and we left the house at 1:00. It is about a 45 minute drive. We went through very quickly as they each wanted to see the next thing and the next thing, but I think they had fun.

The cool Earth's Rotation Pendulum.
The large amethystObserving the different earth layers.The fossil exhibit
Checking out the "first" cars
and the control panel of a space shuttle.
Digging for fossils
and panning for gems.

Go, Go, Go!

We headed back to the house for cookie cake

and presents before the parents came back.
I don't know about the kids, but Jason and I will sleep well tonight!!

2 comments:

  1. My oldest who will be turning 9 in Jan. recently went on a school field trip to Tellus and says that what she wants to do for her birthday too. I thought it sounded like a great idea! You gotta love a kid who picks an educational birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun party...you can tell they had such a great time, by their faces :)

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter