and kids

and kids

Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

The Caines turkey centerpiece and name cards ( I might have 'doctored' this one)
I think one word that would sum up a Caines Thanksgiving is: COMPETITION

A friendly game of carroms
The girls just being girls
The boys competing who can eat the fastest The Polish Horseshoes cheer section (video coming soon - when I combine all the iPhone video) David about to catch the bottle on this one:Florida Boy giving it a try (wait until you see his video)
Even the old man gets in on the actionThen the cheer section turns into the annual cousin football game. This has happened as long as I can remember. Of course, I'm the one always behind the camera. Even 20+ years ago in the hills of Asheville, NC (thanks Heidi for remembering from otherside of the world and curious if the game has gone on!)

Pep talk from Crazy Coach Uncle David
Even Aunt Heather filled in on some plays to make the teams even
The cheer sections during the football game

Capps was pitiful most of the day with a mouth full of cold sores, so he got to sit on the porch with Uncle David's phone during the games.
After a late big lunch, Polish Horseshoes, and football, we celebrated five birthdays that were close to Thanksgiving (Mary, Jack, Jonah, Abby and David).

Today, Black Friday, I went shopping and finished all my shopping. What I didn't get, I was able to order on Amazon.com this afternoon.

Tonight we went to Jason's parents for a much calmer and quieter Thanksgiving Round #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter