and kids

and kids

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The pregnancy and birth of Tavis

Like I said last week (with Mollee's birth story), we got pregnant with Tavis when Mollee was only a few months old. I nursed Mollee through most of this pregnancy, even though I was encouraged to stop. I had very little nausea with this pregnancy, but was really, really tired. I slept a lot, thankfully, Mollee was a good napper.

Baby #2 wasn't nearly as active as Mollee, but I did start to feel him around 16 weeks. I had a lot of Braxton Hicks, probably as a result of nursing. The third trimester I couldn't walk around a lot without a lot of pain that night.

At 36 weeks, I was one point off from the toxemia level that labels you as a "warning". My blood pressure was high and I felt awful. At 37 weeks, I went to midwife and my blood pressure was so high she wanted to induce the next morning. At 6 AM on a Friday, I was given pitocin and started having cramps, but no major contractions. At 9:30 the midwife checked me and my water broke - or shall I say gushed!

Immediately, contractions started hard and fast and I quickly asked for an epidural. At 10:15 AM I told the nurse to find the midwife, I was ready! Anna got back to my room, I pushed through one contraction and Tavis MacGregor was born, weighing 7 lbs 4oz.

He was good baby! Jason would like to say he doesn't remember Tavis as a baby. Tavis was born a year and nine days after Mollee - so Jason was always on Mollee duty. Plus, Tavis was so happy. We called him lump-on-a-log. He just sat around enduring whatever came his way. It was such a blessing. Of course, I was pregnant again within six months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter