and kids

and kids

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pumpkin Carvin'

I actually learned a lesson last year, that I applied this year! While the kids were at school, I cleaned out the pumpkin and toasted the seeds. That way, it was ready to carve after dinner and there wasn't a lot of waiting around. I guess it is sorta like getting the lights ON the Christmas tree before inviting the kids to help - still haven't applied that one.

I got two pumpkins this year. Jason always carves the pumpkin while the kids crowd around him, but I decided to do one while they were at school. It took awhile, but their excitement when they got home was well worth it! Then tonight after dinner, it was Daddy's turn!

Tavis enjoyed family time by reading in the next room!The request: A dragon!
So pumpkins don't look as cool when they are just carved,
but they look awesome all lit up!
(sorry for the poor picture quality, I have a camera that hates not using it's flash)

3 comments:

  1. well, I won't show you our pumpkin after it's done. Yall's are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pumpkins look professional. I'm totally impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter