and kids

and kids

Thursday, August 11, 2011

School Supply Personalities

Tomorrow is "Meet Your Teacher" Day! I think in Jr. High and High School they call it "Locker Day"?

I've been buying things I knew we needed and throwing it on the school table. Today, I finally pulled everything out, checked off what we had and we filled everyone's book bag. (Pat myself on my back - I was only lacking one jumbo glue stick for Capps)

As I was going through everything with the kids, I thought it was funny and interesting how their personalities show through their school supplies. I wonder if the teachers ever take note of this?

Mollee, always wants blue! Her book bag she had last year (we only get new ones for kindergarten and 4th grade) is blue and green. Her notebooks are blue camo, blue/pink tie dye and a puppy dog. I was pleasantly surprised she picked a pink lunchbox, but it does have the blue highlights. Tavis, although he is going in 4th grade, we are waiting to get him a book bag. He has struggled to keep track of things and since he never brings home books, if he has a good first semester, he will get a new book bag for second semester. He always picks blue or orange, but for some reason, he is all blue this year! His notebooks are as plain as can be, which is no shock (he is boring like his Dad ;) ). I did get him a lunchbox this year (last year I refused since he has gone through so many lunchboxes, he had to use Daegan's from the previous year - cruel, I know), but he just picked blue!


Daegan, my boy!!!! Colorful is key for him. And he usually goes for the color red and/or rainbow. His backpack is from kindergarten, but I know we'll get a few more years out of it. He had to have the maze notebook and he had to have the tie dye one!!! He also picked a Star Wars lunchbox (no surprise), but I thought it was interesting that it had red piping on it.Capps, oh creature of habit! His color is always green. And it just so happens that Green Lantern is the big super hero of the year (although last year we found a green lunchbox with Toy Story?). I don't do a lot of school shopping with the kids, but in kindergarten, they get to pick out their book bag (from LLBean online) and each year they get to pick their notebooks and a lunchbox. Capps usually struggles to make a decision (this is also no surprise, he still has his birthday $ because we've been out to shop a few times and he just can't decide!!!). We went to Target, Toys R Us, and Wal-Mart to find the perfect lunchbox. Then we looked online to see if there was anything else out there. He ended up with this one that he had picked out at Target the first 30 seconds of shopping. Always go with your first instincts!The kids may have been brainwashed into these color picks? As babies they each had a color that I used for everything - sippy cups, diaper bags, even clothing for the boys since they all wear about the same size, etc. All except Mollee, I always did purple for her, but now she wants all blue! We still use these colors for various things and it is the color each kid is always drawn to. Mollee - purple or blue, Tavis - orange or blue, Daegan - ALWAYS red, Capps - ALWAYS green and Mac - hmmm, he just gets the leftovers! Poor kid!










And as we gear up for football, Tavis is a Tennesee fan, Daegan is a Georgia fan, and Capps is a Green Bay Packers fan (I can't convince him that is a different league of football). And Mollee is a smart BAMA girl! And Mac, I have no idea! Again, poor kid!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this entry. It really IS interesting what kids choose and their different personalities. Yours have obviously VERY distinct preferences :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the L.L. Bean name backpacks. It will be so hard for me not to pick out what I want because I think it's cuter.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter