and kids

and kids

Monday, July 25, 2011

One-of-those-days! (for Jason)

I guess in 'blog world', in the mommy blog world, Daddy's days don't get blogged about much?

Hmmmm?

Have you noticed the oppressive heat that has blanketed us? Jason has to work in it. He is not a morning person, but he has tried to get up at 5:45 so he can get out the door and get 8 hours in and not die of heat exhaustion. He is still exhausted when he gets home. He isn't a complainer, but I'm complaining for him. I actually worrying about him when I walk to the mailbox and I think I'm going to melt.

Today was a one-of-those-days kind of day for him! It started out with starting late. One of the guys meets him at our house and this morning he was late. Nothing like waking up early, to sit in your truck and wait.

At some point this morning, he went to pick up supplies and when he went to get back in his truck, he had a flat tire. He had to get two holes patched - thankfully, there was a garage nearby.

Then, next stop, he locked his keys in his car. I can say in the 17 years I've known him he has never done that. He was trying to get the back window open to unlock the truck, and the window shattered. So he didn't have to pay a locksmith to come rescue him, but he will have to pay to get his window fixed in the morning.

But we finally have a spare key for the truck!

But it was hot!

And it is only Monday!

And it is gonna be hotter tomorrow!

Sorry Babe!

1 comment:

Site Meter