and kids

and kids

Friday, May 6, 2011

Taters and Tubesteaks

Each year, our church hosts an event called "Taters and Tubesteaks". Not sure what that means, but it is a cookout at the park and then we all venture over to the baseball game.

After Field Day, we had decided not to go even though we signed up. Then I remembered that my sister-in-law, Aunt Heather (Brown) was throwing out the first pitch because she got a 'Teacher of the Year' award. Whoo-Hoo!!!

So we went, but we only stayed at the park for a little bit because we wanted to make sure we saw the first pitch. Jason dropped us off and then went looking for a parking space downtown. We waited!Somehow, in our scramble to get dropped off quickly, Mac snuck his 'blankie' out of the van. I was not pleased about this, but it came in handy. Too bad I didn't let him sleep with it tonight, I couldn't even imagine how many germs were on it.

We did make it for Aunt Heather's presentation - so proud of her!and her pitch!Then the game!I wanted to stay for entire game so we could enjoy the fireworks after the game, but Jason and I were both tired, so we left about the 5th inning.


But before we left, Daegan and Capps got the mascots to sign their ball - a big deal!Everybody better sleep well tonight!

1 comment:

Site Meter