and kids

and kids

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Jason's Birthday

Today has been...interesting!

It started off with me taking Daegan to the dentist at 8:00. He had to have a lot of dental work done that he knew about (sorta) and I felt bad once he realized what all was going on. If you live where I live, you know we have had lots of storms today - tornadoes, winds, rain, hail, lightening, etc.

While Daegan was getting his work done the first wave of storms hit. Thankfully, the dentist was able to get everything done before there was a loss of power. Here he is with all his stickers - "Careful, my tongue is asleep", "Lost a Tooth!", and "I've been Sealed!" As I was trying to leave the dentists office, I had to take all sorts of alternate routes because there were trees (big trees!) down in the downtown area, along with powerlines. As I was weaving through back roads, wondering where we would end up, the school "called" (automated system) and said they had no power and we were to come get our kids.

What should have been a 5 minute trip, took about 40 minutes. I got the kids, along with nephews, and prayed. My phone was almost dead and we were almost out of gas, but couldn't stop to get gas because no one had power.

Thankfully, we made it home, which also had no power.

Today is Jason's 37th birthday! (my father would like to claim to be the first caller to wish Jase a Happy Birthday). Since he was home for lunch, we decided to celebrate then, except there was no cake! Doesn't this look like an exciting party? More cool t-shirts for Daddy! And another coffee cup!And a CD!Then the kids and I left to dye eggs and let Jase have some "alone x-box time"!

When Gary was about to watch a soccer game, he called Jase to come watch it with him, so I helped mom sort thru some wedding photos and then watched the game with the guys!

Subway had power at dinner time, so they were the lucky ones to "cook" Jason's birthday dinner - I was planning on Heidie cooking us meatloaf tonight, but that didn't work out.

Now, (another power outage didn't allow me to finish/post this last night)

The kids were already in bed when the power went out for the second time. We listened to the storm in the dark and I think the power came back on around midnight, thankfully we hadn't left too many lights on.

It was a terrible night for many. Many friends hit by tornadoes, some of them have trees on their house and some have lost their homes entirely. It is going to be a long day....

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure we didn't marry the same guy? Seriously though, what a great birthday. =) Love your "exciting birthday" picture. Funny.
    On another note, thankful you are all ok.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter