and kids

and kids

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Death of a Plastic Playhouse

We bought a Little Tikes plastic house for our backyard when Tavis had just started to walk (about 8 years ago). I remember shopping and researching and picking out what I wanted, but then I just bought a cheap one at a consignment sale.

It has served us well. When we moved to our current house, we put it on the screened-in porch just off the kitchen. There have been countless evenings that I'd just open the door and the kids would play out there while I was getting dinner ready.
(Tavis with cousin, Miles)
(Capps)Mac went out yesterday to play and when he climbed on the walls, it collapsed.We are getting past this stage in life, so there will not be a replacement. We threw all of it away, except the slide. I'm guessing David might be able to get a little playtime out of it now the weather is getting warmer.
Thank you playhouse for many years of fun!

1 comment:

  1. sad, but understandable. I'd say that was a good purchase for your family.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter