and kids

and kids

Monday, February 14, 2011

Cards and such!

I'm a card sender. I don't know why, it is just what I like to do. It started at a young age. My mom likes to tell the story that I even made cards for my bus driver from time to time.

I also like to put notes in my kids lunch. And I put a note or card in Jason's lunch once a month or more - even if it is just to write an "I love you" on his sandwich bag. cheesy?

At the beginning of the school year I put a card in Capps' lunch and when he didn't mention it and I didn't see it in his lunch box the next morning, I asked him about the envelope - he didn't know what it was and threw it away, granted he couldn't read yet.

Last month, I put a post-it note on Daegan's sandwich box.
The next morning when I opened his lunchbox, the note was still on his sandwich box. I looked up at him and he was smirking and said, "I wrote back!" (this was on the back) This post-it note did a Momma's heart good and will never get thrown away!!!

Last night when I went to bed, this was on my bedside table. (front)(back)I'm just realizing he didn't sign it, but this is from Capps!
As the kids were rushing out the door, Daegan handed me thisAnd as I was cleaning up breakfast, I saw this by my coffee cup(open)Jason isn't a card giver, although over the past 15 years he has gotten better. ;)
In a world that snail mail isn't the norm anymore, I am proud that my kids jump right into thank you notes after a birthday and I'm glad some of my kids enjoy surprising people with cards. My mom has the bus driver story, but for Mollee, Daegan and Capps, I have my own stories - Mollee gives cards to everyone (you should have seen her Valentines list that extended to the school secretary, school nurse, principal, high school class helpers, etc)! Daegan has made cards for the Minute Clinic PA after he was very sick and for the allergist. Capps is very peculiar about his cards and gets into phases where he makes cards for random people that I have to mail.
I love it!

4 comments:

  1. those are soooo sweet! What thoughtful kiddos! That WOULD make a mommy's heart proud. Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh! so so sweet. can't wait for the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That brought tears to my eyes...Hope everyone is better at your house and I love your new background on here!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter