and kids

and kids

Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Wonderful Fall Saturday

Today is Saturday and Jason had to work. I decided to have a good day instead of having a ho-hum day. Sometimes you have to make that decision for yourself!

So I decided to pack a picnic and take the kids to the park.After the kids played for two hours, we ate our picnic
and then headed over to the creek to explore.Mac gives two fist pumps because he made it to "the other side"Then there was a mud incident.

Mollee and Daegan took off along the edge of the creek and they found a patch of mud. Daegan was crying, Mollee wasn't sure if it was funny or if she was in trouble (her new white sneakers) and I was laughing so hard I almost wet my pants Julie, you'd be proud but I did manage to get some pictures. They pretty much ran out of their shoes. So we had to go back to the scene of the crime and dig out their shoes.
We got cleaned up as best we could and played a little longer. It was a great three-and-a-half hours outside and I was feeling like a 'Fun Mom'!!!
So we decided to go get some ice cream too!Three vanillas, two cotton candies, and I got Pumpkin Spice! (notice Mollee muddy and barfoot)We were also given the major treat of someone else paying. There was a couple there that said they had nine kids and understood how hard it was, so they wanted us to enjoy our ice cream on them!!! How wonderful is that?
I just love Fun Fall Saturdays!!!

7 comments:

  1. way to go fun mom! ethan works most saturdays and its so true about making the decision to have a good day! I love the creek and the mud. and how awesome is that to have someone buy your ice cream! I want to be like that someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Enjoyed this one, a bunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that park! You were so close to us! I can't believe you were there for 3.5 hours!?! You are an awesome mom! Sweet couple buying your ice cream! What a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That encourages me to do something fun the next Saturday Pete has to work! Thanks. BTW, I have been praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How Fun and free ice cream to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Gretchen, you did a great job deciding to have a fun day!! Loving Mac pumping his fists! AND the free ice cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like and all and all good day! Too bad dad had to miss!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter