and kids

and kids

Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Dot System

Laundry has been giving me a headache lately, among other things - if you've been around me lately you know I've struggled with some migraine issues lately.

I have three boys that are almost the same size, ages 8, 7, and 6. They all have their different style and they all like their clothes to fit different ways.

Enter Jean-Wearin'-Weather!

I can't keep straight which jeans belong to whom. It's crazy! Tavis will come to the breakfast table with jeans way too short, but that doesn't bother him because he likes his clothes to fit snug. Capps is oblivious. After school the other day I noticed he was keeping his hands in his pocket. Then I noticed that his jeans seemed a little long. When I lifted his shirt (while he had his hands in his pocket), I saw that his waist band was WAY too big. He said it was ok because he could hold his pants up with his hands in his pocket. Which, apparently, he had been doing all day.

Oh, brother! Not sure what that says about my mothering?

Enter The Dot System!

I heard about this somewhere and decided it was the only way to stay sane. I've dotted the labels in their jeans. I put one dot for Tavis, two dots for Daeg, and three dots for Capps. That is in order of size for now (I'm afraid Capps is about to pass up Daeg and that will throw my system off). Now, when Tavis is done with a pair of jeans and they need to be passed down (if the knees haven't been worn out) I just add a few dots depending on who needs them next.

Now to get all the jeans dotted properly, still working on that?

and may be moving on to underwear next.

3 comments:

  1. My Mom did something similar for my sister and I with socks.

    Capps...good adapting skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea. I had just put their initial in their stuff but am learning that that screws me up once I've handed it down. I don't know who's is who. I never even thought of doing something so creative as dots! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter