and kids

and kids

Saturday, September 18, 2010

A New Look for the Boys!

My boys have never used a flat sheet on their bed. They have always just had a fitted sheet and their fleece blanket (whether it was Harley Davidson, Nemo, Transformers, Thomas, etc.). It has been easy. Easy to just wash a flat sheet and a fleece and easy for them to not really have to make their bed. The only problem (for mommy), aesthetics.

For the longest time the boys just had white fitted sheets, but about a year ago I found these great blue/grey/black shark sheets at Target on a clearance table. We had decided to paint the boys room grey so these were going to be perfect (...and we still haven't painted).

I've also wanted to get them matching comforters, but haven't wanted to pay for them and haven't wanted to mess with them making their beds. Again, thanks to clearance at Target, I found some comforters that matched perfectly.

This is how the bunks usually lookAnd this is how they look now.And Capps' bed to the sideMaking the beds reminded me why we haven't done this yet, but I really like how neat they look (yes, I know they will not be made often).

Now, if we could only get the walls painted grey?

4 comments:

  1. hehehe. i will bring the babysitters, you get the paint, and i will come help you :) We will have it done in a flash :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! I particularly like the awesome shark sheets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! We don't sleep with flat sheets either and it drives me a little crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so rewarding to find stuff on clearance! And its cute too! Are the beds getting made?

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter