and kids

and kids

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A "Heather" Moment

My Mom likes to tell the story that when she would pick us up from school and say, "How was your day?", my sister, Heather, would always jump right in and give detailed information about every moment of the day. By the time we were pulling in the driveway, Heather had only made it to first recess in her story.

It seems strange to me, but my daughter is not my talker. My boys all talk. The two older ones talk A LOT (and that is an understatement). Mollee starting talking at a very early age, but she doesn't talk incessantly. It just isn't her nature. She is an observer and knows a lot more about what is going on then I'm sure we ever know.

Tonight, like we do most every night, the kids were giving a highlight of their day. We don't go in age order, just around the table however they may be sitting that night. When we got to Mollee she said come back to her because she had a lot to say.

Capps got to play with Keegan on the playground (a common highlight), Daegan had computer class, Tavis had stayed home because of some sinus trouble so he didn't have much to report, Mac complained that David pulled his hair (tragic!) and then Mollee gave a full blown description, starting with a detailed review of Mr. Bel's "Bully" chapel talk.

As we were clearing the table and she was still going it made me smile. For once, it was her doing the jabbering.

2 comments:

  1. I have 3 of the "jabbering" kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna is like Mollee - I feel like I'm pulling teeth to get any info out of her on what she did at school other than play at recess. She gives bits and pieces - but usually not in response to my questions. Nathan, on the other hand, has given me a play by play of every minute of preschool so far. I'll be excited when he starts CCS for no other reason than I will finally know what goes on. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter