and kids

and kids

Thursday, August 12, 2010

First Day of School and a date with Mac

Today was the first day of school for the kids.

Mollee was beyond ready for 4th grade with new bookbag, new dress and new earrings!Tavis was also ready to go back, even if Chase isn't in his class this yearDaegan couldn't go to sleep last night, so I hope he makes it thru his first day of 1st grade - and don't worry, I didn't make him match his clothes!And Capps was nervous last night, but relieved to find out that Daddy would be walking him in.
I was trying to get a group shot and this was my first shot.
After a few with closed eyes, I said, "OK make this one count - no closed eyes" and this is what I got (the other extreme)
Mac was asleep when the kids left and I debated whether or not to wake him up, but I didn't and when he came to the kitchen for breakfast and realized the kids were gone he said, "NOW can we go to the mall playground?" (We haven't been able to go because the other kids are too tall for it)


So, we went to TargetWe went to the playgroundAnd his other big request was a cookie with M&M's, so we got that too!We got home about 1:30 and Mac asked if it was time to pick up the kids every five minutes. We ended up getting in the carpool line at 2:45 and then just having to wait until the chaos of the first day was settled in the carpool area.

The kids seemed to have a good day. Capps said it was the 'best day in his whole entire life' and hasn't stopped giving me details the entire time he has been home. Daegan had a rough day because his popsicle fell on the ground and there weren't any spares, somehow that ruined the whole day? From the time we got home until dinner time he was hidden in his room building Legos, he must have been having withdrawals. Tavis said he had a good day, but didn't elaborate much on that. Mollee was a little nervous because she didn't know her teacher, but she said she really liked her and seemed to be pleased how her day went.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad Chase and Tavis survived their first day apart. Though Chase said they did meet up on the playground :). Looks like Mac is going to enjoy the alone time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First let me say that I am so glad you don't take your older kids to the mall play place! Yay!!!! I get so annoyed at the 10 year olds that are jumping around in there!

    So funny how Capps said it was the best day of his life, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my oldest daughter has the same dress as Molly. Target, right? very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Mollee's dress! Glad everyone had a great day. Mac may get used to this one on one time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Daeg's outfit! Priceless! One day he will say "mom I can't believe you let me where that!"
    Well maybe not! I would:)

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter