and kids

and kids

Saturday, July 31, 2010

RUSH #2

On Friday, Daegan and I went for round two of RUSH. I was a little nervous for Daegan, because our first time was only 3 hours and he was really upset with the last few shots. This time we were supposed to be going for 5 1/2 hours.

I had told Jason that if I felt Daeg couldn't handle any more I would stop and we would just pick up with the weekly shots from there. Shots don't bother me at all so I wasn't nervous for myself, although my arms were very itchy after the first round for 4-5 days.

The doctors office has an area set up for RUSH patients only, it has four big comfy recliners, a big TV, WiFi, vending, etc. This time Daeg and I were the only ones there. We had brought a DVD player, some "I Spy" books, coloring, I brought some cross stitching and my laptop, which unfortunately, the WiFi wasn't working until the last hour we were there. I had packed us lunches, water bottles and snacks. Here is Daegan watching a movie.

He did awesome, way better than I expected. By the last hour we were both done, but we pulled through and I never felt like it was too much for him.

But here I am Saturday night and wondering what the heck I did to myself, my arms are very swollen and sore, hot to the touch and bruised and they itch like you wouldn't believe. Is this worth it? I'm assure that it will be in the end.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter