and kids

and kids

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

R U S H

No, not a fitness center, not a man named Limbaugh, not even to get into a sorority.

Rush immunotherapy! It is a "quick" way to get nine months worth of allergy shots in four appointments. Our allergist has suggested that Daegan and I get allergy shots and because of the expense I've delayed the process for a year or two. Finally, I have given in, not because we won the lottery, but because I'm tired of seasonal allergy trouble and I'm hoping to relieve my son of his issues also. Dr. told me we could come in for four different appointments, lasting 3 1/2 - 6 hours each and we would get an allergy shot every 30 minutes. This is the immunity building process before getting the real allergy shot that actually helps you, this usually happens thru the first 9 months of shots. So, by the time we get past these four appointments, we will start getting the shots that will actually help us.

This morning was the first appointment. Unfortunately, Daegan, because of his multiple allergies, he had to get two shots at each 30 minute interval. He was not excited about this, but he was a trooper. He got 12 shots, I got 6. Each time you are getting a little more of the serum, so each shot is a little more painful. Daegan was not happy about his last two shots, so we will see how it goes next time and decide if we will torture him with the full RUSH program or not.

When I asked him what he wanted to get as a treat when we leave, McDonald's caramel sundae, Sonic slushie, etc. He very quickly requested a White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks! Not sure how I feel about that??

This probably won't go down in my 'Fun Mom' for the summer section

2 comments:

  1. poor kid! (and you!) I had to take my 2 youngest to get regular shots yesterday and it was murder! I don't know how you managed with Daegan getting 12!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Daeg :( Tell him I'm impressed by his bravery! Sounds like he handled it a lot better than I would have ;) LOVE the Starbucks request...that's too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter