and kids

and kids

Monday, June 14, 2010

Vacation 2010

We were scheduled to go to the beach one week and my parents were scheduled to be at the beach the week before us. We live a few doors from each other so we don't usually vacation together, but....the kids have never been to the beach with Papa and Grandma. They graciously invited us to come down a few days early to spend with them. (which meant a longer vacation)

The day before we left home, Mac woke up from his nap with fever, so we headed to the dr's office for the last appointment of the day. three hours of packing/cleaning gone He had a sinus infection and an ear infection, so I was glad I took him - normally I would have 'waited it out', but since we were leaving for vacation I didn't want to risk it.

Jason worked the day we left, so we left later than I prefer (I like to get out the door at the crack of dawn), but we got there at a reasonable time - of course, we gained an hour.

I kept a close eye on the oil spill, as it was heading to the shore, the days before we left. We weren't sure what to expect, but we were determined to be thankful for the whatever days we got to go to the beach. Thus far, the ocean has been so full of seaweed, the worst I've ever seen it, but each day it gets better. No oil yet!

My brother, Philip, and his family are also at the beach this week in the area. We don't vacation together (they are active vacationers and we are do-as-little-as-possible vacationers), but we always enjoy meeting up with each other at the beach once in awhile and maybe have a meal or two together.

Today, Daegan woke up with pink eye. He always keeps our vacations exciting (two years ago he fell off the couch and got a concussion and had to stay out of the heat). We decided not to go to the beach today, but I took the kids to the pool this afternoon. Jason got to play golf with my brother and my father this afternoon, it has been about five years since he has played, but I think he had fun.

I will post pictures when I get home. I am only taking advantage of my father's laptop to post this entry. We are heading to our "home" for the week tonight and will enjoy some do-nothing time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter