and kids

and kids

Monday, June 28, 2010

A Full Monday!

This morning I think my mind finally let go of the "vacation" mentality. I've felt a little lazy the past week with the house. I was unpacked within an hour of getting home, but hadn't fully transferred to household duties. Of course, nobody else noticed, but it was starting to bug me.


So, this morning I woke up, started a load of laundry immediately, made Jason's lunch and began cleaning. And cleaning. And just kept switching out loads of laundry and cleaning until I needed to leave at 11:15 to run some errands and meet a friend at the park.


While waiting for our friends to get to the park, we rode the carousel. While leaving the carousel and heading to the fountain (the real reason we showed up at the park), we 'bumped into' my cousin and her family - they live 7 hours north of here and were letting their boys burn energy before getting back in the car. It was a great surprise and treat to get to visit with them.


Then, onto a picnic lunch, visiting with friends and playing in the fountain.Mollee and Madeleine waiting for the big sprayer to spray



and getting hit!!We left the park, got dry clothes on in the car, headed to two different bank drive-thrus and then visited Sonics Happy Hour (1/2 price slushies)!!!

Once home, I insisted on a reading hour to get us back into the groove of being studious and then made the kids clean up the playroom so I could vacuum before dinner, while continuing to switch out loads of laundry.

Being here and there and everywhere, Pizza Hut cooked us dinner!!

The evening ended with an early bedtime for worn out children and a movie night for Mommy and Daddy thanks to Netflix!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, Sonic AND Pizza Hut? I need to move in to YOUR house.

    (What did you watch?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and you still had time to blog! I'm impressed! Sounds like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter