and kids

and kids

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Black Thumb

If you have a black thumb like me, you understand my frustration with plants. They don't like me.

When we got home from the beach, my beloved peace lily was struggling. It is a plant that we got when we lost our first baby, so I was emotionally attached to it. Basically, I just have to water it and it lives! When I forget to water it, as soon as I give it water it perks up in about 12 hours and all is good.

I think when we left for the beach, it had been awhile since I'd watered it and it looked like this when we got home:I wasn't sure it was going to make it. After a couple days it still wasn't perking up, but it was still green, so I was hopeful! After about five days, it started to perk back up. I had to cut off some leaves that were brown, but it is finally looking good! So, if you have a black thumb like me - go for a peace lily!

(and no, the plant doesn't live in the sink, just sits there during watering sessions)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter