and kids

and kids

Monday, May 31, 2010

Halfway helpful!

Besides the birthday party on Saturday, Jason and I got a lot of work done. He cut the grass and used the weed eater everywhere (which doesn't get done when I cut the grass), fixed our privacy fence that was falling down in the back, and then painted a second coat on the side of the house that faces the garage. I went grocery shopping and then pressure washed the back of the house and then decided to pressure wash the deck also. I took the kids their birthday party and came back home and primed the garage doors. (can you tell we both really want this 'painting the house' project to get done?)

Jason rarely takes off for random holidays because when you are self-employed, if you don't work, you don't get paid. So he went to work this morning and I decided to surprise him and paint the back side of the house that I had pressure washed. I was doing great until I got to a few areas I couldn't reach. UGH! I did use the ladder, trying to ignore the fact that I am terrified of heights, but I just couldn't go any higher in certain areas.

So this is what he came home to (this is the top story of our home, the bottom half is brick, just so you know I wasn't scared of being up one story): I get an "A" for effort, right?

3 comments:

  1. Um, yeah. That would not have been me, Jason is a lucky man! I LOVE the new color by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely!!! I totally would have helped you, had I had less children or a babysitter. Ha.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter