and kids

and kids

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Spring Break: Day 6

This is the first year, since we've had kids, that we've missed the Resurrection Egg Hunt at church. Jason has had an extremely long week and getting up to make an 8:30 egg hunt just didn't seem like what we needed as a family. I decided we weren't going (I say that because Jason was willing to go and was very shocked at my announcement since I'm such a 'tradition person') and the kids were ok with it.

The Harris family surprised us by hiding a bunch of eggs in our front yard after they went to the egg hunt. They called us to inform us we could enjoy an egg hunt right in our own front yard. That was a fun treat, thanks guys!
This afternoon we colored eggs with Aunt Ruth (I'm taking deviled eggs to our family lunch tomorrow)
Mac thought a picture of his egg was very important:Right before dinner I sent the kids outside to burn some energy while I worked on dinner and, somehow (?), a water gun fight broke out. It actually ended with Jason sneaking into the back yard and running out with the hose, which was much colder than anyone wanted.
Everyone showered and got into pjs before dinner. Now I'm getting my blog updated early and plan to do Easter baskets soon and maybe get to bed at a decent hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter