and kids

and kids

Saturday, April 10, 2010

"Skating" on a Saturday

Today was a hectic Saturday. Jason was working and Mollee had a birthday party from 12-3. I dropped her off and then did my grocery shopping with four boys in tow. We got done way before her party was over so we just headed over to the skating rink to watch until it was over. The boys were begging to skate, but I assured them I didn't want to pay $5.50 each to let them mop the floor with the backsides. When we got there, the mother of the birthday girl said that two of the girls didn't show up if we wanted to sign up under their party and skate for free.

So, Tavis and Daegan got to "skate", I put it in quotes because I'm not sure you can call it skating. Mollee did fine, and has blisters on her ankles to prove she went skating (I forgot to check her socks and she had been wearing little cuff socks, which didn't work really well with skates).
Daegan did not do a lot of skating - then he tried to go the bathroom in his skates....Tavis did get the hang of it and eventually

Since Capps didn't get to skate I let him play a few video gamesAnd Mac loved the music and enjoyed a lot of dancing (he hasn't taken his sunglasses off in three days)After all the stories the kids told at dinner Jason decided this would be a good 'family fun' day this summer. We'll see.....

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! Especially Mac and his 3-day sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter