and kids

and kids

Monday, April 5, 2010

Ruth

Today, my sister Ruth is leaving for Cape Town, South Africa. She will be gone for a year!! A YEAR, people!!! She has a blog for those that want to add it to your list: Ruth's Blog

I'd say that we weren't really close when we were young. She was seven years younger, always pestering I'm sure! Actually, I don't remember her being a pest, we just didn't have a lot in common with the age difference. I do remember one trip she came on with my friends and I to Mrytle Beach and she swallowed a whole roll of Bubble Gum tape (you'll have to ask her!)

Don't we look happy to be together here!
She was one of my bridesmaids in my wedding, which was important to me - she was my little sister (this is after my bridesmaids luncheon) afterall!In 1999, we even endured an 8-day camping trip with seven guys - and we lived to tell about it! (don't worry Ruth, I didn't post the 'eye' picture)
These days we are definitely friends! Not doubt about it. We do have a little bit of a competitive side (like any good Caines would) with each other. I'm not even sure how this happened, but mom needed potatoes peeled and we even raced to see who could peel the most (I don't remember, but I'm sure I won) Of course, the nieces and nephews love Aunt Ruth and she will be sadly missed

Visiting her with the Harris' at the College in 2004 Aunt Ruth and Capps last year, he was so proud they both wore orange!With infant Mac And some Easter sister pictures for fun!
Ruth, we love you!!!! I'll take good care of your car for you!

1 comment:

  1. aw...this makes me sad! I can't imagine my sister leaving for a YEAR!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter