and kids

and kids

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wear Orange!

Did you know that Protestants are supposed to wear orange on St. Patrick's Day?

This is what I'm told: Orange is symbolic of Irish Protestants while green is symbolic of Irish Catholics. On the Irish flag, there is an orange stripe, a green stripe and a white stripe. The orange is for the Protestants, the green is for the Catholics and the white is for the hope of peace between the two.

So wear orange! (and maybe a little green because you will get pinched by someone)

Tavis, on the otherhand, went out of his way not to wear green today - he even wanted to make sure he didn't have speck of green on his underwear! What a nut!!

2 comments:

  1. I never knew that! Next year, I'll have to be sure to find some orange to wear, even though I hate orange.
    Cool blog. I'll have to add you to my watch list.
    Dr. Allen actually came and spoke at our church a few years back. I didn't get to see him but my hus did. He introduced himself as my hus and the good Dr. said he rememebered me. It was fun working with you. After you left, that job went downhill. It seems like eons ago though!!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter