and kids

and kids

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Southern Savers

This is a post for those that have asked me about my coupon adventure, but aren't in my Mom's Group (those ladies already took Coupons 101). I don't have a lot of knowledge, but wanted to give you an example of savings. I use a website called Southern Savers to help me see the specials. It lists all the sales for local stores, along with coupons that have recently been in the Sunday paper or a link to print a coupon.

I know why I have never jumped into this before....because it takes a lot of work and time, but it is worth it and gets easier as you do it more and more.

The theory is that everything goes on sale in a 10 week period and you stock pile while things are on sale and then have them when you need them, instead of running out and paying full price. Also, something I learned is that you can use a store coupon and a manufacturers coupon on the same item. Some stores, like Publix, will take any store coupon (Target, BiLo, etc.).

So, today, this is what I got:

ALL laundry detergent was B1G1free, regular $5.99, sale $2.99. I had 2 $1 off coupons so I got 2 bottles of laundry detergent that should have cost $11.98 and it only cost me $3.99.

Lance Snack Crackers were also B1G1free, regular $2.89, sale $1.44. I had 6 $1 off coupons so I got 6 packs that should have cost $17.34 and it only cost me $2.67 (we eat a lot of these crackers since some of my kids prefer them instead of sandwiches so I did this deal twice - there are print limits to some things and I had to print some of my coupons at my moms).

Talking with some of my friends who are half-heartedly trying this, they seem to believe the family eats more with more in the house. This is probably true, but my husband has a strange sense of security when our cupboards are full, which isn't always true when work is slow.

I'm trying to come up with storage space for my extras, more on that another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter