and kids

and kids

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Ruth

Today, Ruth's church had a commissioning service for her as she prepares to leave for South Africa next Monday. She has gone to Africa the past three summers for two week terms and has felt the Lord calling her to come for a longer term. She is going to Cape Town for a year and will see where the Lord leads her as she works in an orphanage there.

The service was sweet and, as no surprise, she was surrounded by so many friends that love her, have supported her and will be praying for her. We all took communion with her, which was awesome and I told myself I wasn't going to cry. Then our Daddy prayed a wonderful prayer for his youngest daughter and, well, I did cry. It was a very moving service.
She can be assured the my kids will be praying for her each night at bedtime (which will be early morning of the following day for her). We pray all the living details will be worked out and that the Lord will keep her safe.
We love you, Ruth (I've never been one to call you Ruthie - as Dr. Allen prayed yesterday) and I'm going to miss you terribly!!!

1 comment:

  1. you sister is so beautiful! she just radiates Jesus & we are so very proud of her! Can't wait to hear updates and see all details worked out.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter