and kids

and kids

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Potty Training.....again! (and a few other items of business)

Sorry to bore you with this news, but potty training is for real this time. I had a few days last week I knew I'd be home so we worked on it (mostly) and it went ok. I didn't mess with it Saturday (at the carnival) or Sunday (church and lunch at Mom and Dad's), but yesterday went really well. *knocking on wood* He danced his way to the potty every time he had to go, except for once in the late afternoon when he peed in the middle of his bedroom. He is actually acknowledging that he has to go, so that is a great sign that hasn't happened yet before. I think I am at the point of no return this time. It will be nice not to have diapers to take up a lot of the "grocery" bill.

Speaking of the grocery bill (which is what we call anything needed - food, diapers, clothes, fast food, cleaning supplies, etc.), I am trying my hardest to learn to use coupons. With the new year (and a new president) we have had a big financial change (because Jason is self-employed) that is cutting quite a bit out of our already suffocating budget. Amy (who taught a coupon class for our Mom's group) has five kids with one on the way and says she only spends $60 a week on groceries. I want to get to that point. I promised my husband I would get organized and try my best. I don't have a big stash of coupons, but I will get there and hopefully will learn the tricks to make this work. My first week was little disappointing to me because I didn't have all the coupons needed (that would have been doubled), but my CVS run was supposed to be $48 and I only paid $25, and my Publix run was supposed to be $115 and I only paid $69.

On another 'financial note', Jason called me this morning with the frustrating, disappointing, irritating news that when he got to work this morning all his tools had been stolen. When he is working on a job site he leaves everything in a locked closet inside a locked house. UGH! So he had to file a police report and then go and buy all new tools that we may or may not get reimbursed for from the insurance company (I think we are looking for a new insurance company). For those of you that didn't know us a year ago, this happened last January also. It makes me very mad and puts my stomach into knots, but that is part of the world we live in, right?

1 comment:

Site Meter