and kids

and kids

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Coupons!

Ok, so I'm trying to get better at this coupon game - yes, it absolutely is game on! I've been saving some money (meaning not spending our usually weekly grocery allowance) and our cupboards are much better stocked than normal. My hope is (and I'm told this is true) that once I get past the first two months of this, our grocery bill will drop drastically and our cupboards will be stocked. I think that if we hit a week that Jason didn't have work (which we will), we definitely could make a weeks full of meals on what we have, only having to shop for milk, bread, and fruit.

Saturday I got $120 groceries at Publix for $51. That was even with buying a few things that weren't on sale because I refused to run to Wal-Mart for three items.

I also went to CVS and bought some medicines/toiletries that I didn't necessarily need yet, but would probably just run out and pay full price for when I needed them. I got $85 worth of items and only spent $29 (which included a big box of diapers for $8).

This is fun! I can do this!

2 comments:

  1. i love this, too! anna does most all the coupons for me, which makes me spoiled. my only catch, is that the grocery runs take much longer due to the coupons-- so i have to allow much more time for the shopping. BUT, we saved so MUCH money the first month we did it, that i am actually embarassed :) A great homemaking skill to teach the kiddos :)

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter