and kids

and kids

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Why I don't have a dog?

..or maybe, a puppy?

We are in potty training mode again (ugh)! I hate potty training. Not sure why, Mollee and Daegan were easy and once I decided to Capps potty trained (he was 3) he did fairly well. Notice, Tavis isn't on that list. He was little more difficult - a year and a half difficult. Maybe it is his fault I'm not a fan?
Mac will be 3 next week and I promised myself I'd get him with a good potty training start before his birthday - nice procrastination!

I don't know what method you use, but mine has always been first day sitting on the potty in front of the TV until he goes a few times and realizes what we are doing. Well, he didn't want to sit on the potty. Capps had some issues with that and we finally decided to let him just run into our shower and pee (it's all pipes!). So, I tried this with Mac. We had a few sessions of me sitting in my bathroom, him standing in the shower and him crying "I can't get my water out". He did go twice, so maybe that is a good start.
Yesterday was only Day 1, but it ended with 5 pairs of wet underwear and quite a few scrubbed spots on the carpet (thus, the why I don't have a puppy).

I then remembered the "Train your kid in 3 days" method says don't even use underwear. Just let them run around in a shirt, because the underwear seems like a diaper and they are less likely to go when they are naked. That actually seemed to go better throughout the afternoon and evening. (As I'm writing this post, Mac just went all in the floor, even though he has no underwear on?).

Today is Day 2 and I'm going to stick with it, at least for this week - while it is too cold to venture out with children. Hopefully, he'll catch on this week!

And then no more diapers for me!

3 comments:

  1. hahahahahaha! Those were the days! have you tried the cheerio thing yet? you know, throw them in the toilet and have him spray them like a water pistol--
    nothing better to do in this cold... good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you! I think I'm about to start training Emma Kate...I hear girls are easier? You can do it! Hard work now= long term gain...no diapers! Think of all the money you can save every month! I'll be praying for extra patience for you this week. I know it can be hard when you've cleaned up pee, not to mention the other, 10+ times in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are braver than me. I am still procrastinating with Hannah. I'm too tired to deal with the mess. Sorry it hasn't started out well. Praying for success today!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter