and kids

and kids

Friday, January 1, 2010

The New Year: 2010

2010! Again I say, wasn't Y2K just yesterday? I guess not, I wasn't even pregnant with Mollee yet when that was being feared!?!? (Yes, Jase, I guess we are getting old)

We don't really have a New Year's Eve tradition. BK - 'before kids' we always seemed to hang out with my brother, Philip (Jason's former roommate), and his wife, Sarah (one of my high school friends) and Charlie and Amie Brown (also high school friends but no relation to us Brown's). Seems like there was a lot of Phase 10 being played as we waited for the new year.

Then Philip and Sarah moved away and Charlie and Amie moved to Papau New Guinea (yes, on the other side of the world).

In more recent years, we have spent New Year's Eve with the Kesler's (my best friend from high school that just happens to be Charlie Brown's little sister - it is a strange/connected circle we hang out with).

Philip and Sarah have moved back (sorta) and we got to enjoy New Year's Eve with them again, but not with the same luxury we used to that didn't require tending to kids throughout the evening - not to mention trying to get them to bed at a decent hour.

It has been awhile since we've had a group photo, so I tried to get Daegan to help us out. Sarah cooked a yummy spaghetti dinner and symphony brownies (they are from heaven, remind me to tell you about them at another time!).

Here are the girls at the counter:
And the boys being geeks at the breakfast table:
There weren't many other pictures taken because Hannah (Philip and Sarah's youngest), decided to throw up every 20 minutes or so, therefore, there weren't anymore pictures taken.
It is a 35 minute drive home (thus, the 'sorta' moved back). We got everyone in their PJ's before heading home and the kids ended up in bed by 11:35. We didn't even attempt to let them see the ball drop. Since I know that Mac gets up with the sun, no matter what time he goes to bed (7 PM or 11 PM), I just went to bed also.
I think the new year came in alright, even without my celebration.
Today, after getting the kids breakfast, I went back to bed until about 10:30. We headed to my mom and dad's for lunch and then watched the Winter Classic 2010 (for those that don't know, that is the NHL *hockey* game that is outdoors each New Year's Day). We then came home to cereal for dinner and taking down the Christmas decorations...
...and now blogging!
OK, and now, bedtime!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun... all except the vomit part :)
    Miss you and hope to get together soon! TAB

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter