and kids

and kids

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Tavis turns 8 (tomorrow)!

Yes, just nine days ago Mollee turned 9 - you do the math - it was a busy/hectic time. Unfortunately, Jason and I don't remember a lot about it. Tavis was a happy baby (not requiring a lot of 'attention') and Mollee, as a 13-18 month old, kept us on our toes. Mollee actually cried for the first nine months of life so it is our belief that the Lord made us pregnant again quickly before we decided this baby thing wasn't for us. Tavis was a wonderful baby that made us think maybe the baby thing wasn't so bad.

My memories of Tavis as a baby are this: Labor was induced because of preclampsia and he was born around 11:30 AM, he had RSV at 2-months old, he was always happy, ate more oatmeal than any child should, and he never took a bottle.

Here Tavis is only a week old and Mollee had already decided he was a good baby doll.As I was looking through pictures I wanted to scan to put in this post it cracked me up that in most of Tavis' pictures from his first year, he had this glazed, 'I don't really know what is going on' look on his face. That really should explain a lot.
(I remember this was St. Patrick's Day - because all good Protestants wear orange for St. Patrick's Day - did you know that?)

This was Tavis' response to meeting Daegan at the hospital (15 months later).

And here I was trying to get a group shot after getting Daegan home - and Tavis is still glazed over (and Mollee has another doll baby).
At age 3 1/2 he was my little sweetheart charmer - Oh, wait, that label still fits him perfectly!Wearing big-boy ties with Daddy!!Age 5 (still enjoys wearing a tie)
Age 6 (Birthday hat he got to wear for his birthday in kindergarden)

Age 7 - wearing an awful sweatshirt, compliments of the brainwashing from Uncle Daniel (Roll Tide!) And now he is turning 8!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading all of you posts :) What a blessing of a family you have. Congrats on all of the birthdays and the anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you keep track of these pictures so good? I love all the "flash back" type pictures you always post.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter