and kids

and kids

Monday, November 30, 2009

Crashing!

My computer is crashing! It is so frustrating! Yesterday it finally seemed like it was going to be ok and was working, but started to act up while I was online (like just randomly rebooting while I was in the middle of something). This morning it is working so I'm blogging/complaining about it before it dies again.

Everything is gone! All my pictures! All my Quicken for three companies and our personal account! (Unfortunately, this year I actually kept up with it and was up to date - but I don't know how to back it up - I know, I know - I actually am not as computer illiterate as I sound! You have to send it to the DVD burner and then go to another program and burn it, I have been waiting for Jason to confirm I was doing it correctly, and it never got done). All my music! EVERYTHING!

I've a "call" in to a friend that is a computer genius (as my Dad put it) to tell me if he thinks there is any chance to find these things, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

I was working on another Christmas decor blog to bore you with, but we'll just have to see how the computer is acting this afternoon to see if I get a chance to do it.

Moral of the Story: Back up your computer files! Especially your pictures and your finances!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter