and kids

and kids

Monday, October 19, 2009

My Mom

My mom is one of my best friends!

I don't know how our relationship compared to others when I was growing up, but I really believe parents shouldn't be friends (with their teenagers) - they should be the parent! We had our differences. Our biggest point of stress was clothing. I liked the hippie/bohemian look that was a little too messy for my mother, who was born at age 30 (always an adult).

October 18 was her birthday. We honored her by fixing Sunday lunch, which she does for us every other Sunday (I know, we're spoiled). She has a hard time not doing anything, but I think she enjoyed herself.
If she was born at age 30, maybe the cake should have said 92?

Mom is always "behind the scenes". The chances of getting a picture of her are slim, so sometimes you have to force her to sit and get a picture. My last picture of her with my kids was when Daegan was a baby (obviously, missing two other children). It was my goal to get a new picture. Since I was busy helping my sister, Heather, getting lunch ready, I asked Jason to take charge of the picture taking for me. I think he did a great job.I was glad he snapped this one also - my mother and my daughter have a special bond.Funny enough, Mom's birthday is also Jon's (Heather's husband) birthday, they are exactly 20 years apart.Sorry Jon, same cake, one candle different!

Happy Birthday, Mom! I love you!

1 comment:

Site Meter