and kids

and kids

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Up on a Hill

If you've been to our house you know we are up on a hill. I grew up in this neighborhood so I was used to the hills as a kid who roamed the neighborhood (remember when kids could do that?). Now, this hill is annoying for many reasons, such as: walking in the neighborhood for exercise (as an adult) is not recommended, also, when the kids throw a ball that goes to the road - that ball is never seen again. With four boys I have lost count how many balls have disappeared.

Well, if you are a local reader you know that we have had a lot of rain. From Sunday lunch until Monday lunch we got 7 1/2 inches at our house (and last year we were struggling with a drought?). Up on a hill is appreciated right now.

Today Jason took the kids to work with him (this was only possible because he is working at a friends' house) while I went to physical therapy (round 3 was quite a challenge as I had to play catch with a weighted ball while standing on the tip toes of my one bad foot/ankle - the other foot was not allowed to touch the ground). Anyway, as I was driving to pick up the kids everything around us was flooded. Everything! Again, happy to be up on a hill!!!

Now when is the sun going shine again?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter