and kids

and kids

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

PT Part 1

Today was the first day of Physical Therapy for my ankle. I was dreading it a little, but it wasn't bad - at least not today!! After many tests, the PT decided that he is a little leery that I have a slight slit/tear in my peroneal ligament and he wants to be very careful. (The worst thing you can do for this is a cortisone shot, which is what I got - oh, great!). He sent me home with exercises to do for the next two days, with major icing afterwards, and then I will go back for an intense workout with him on Thursday. He said these are good building block exercises before starting major strength building. He is afraid that any wrong move will end up in a complete tear. I am not allowed any running, walking, aerobics, lunges or anything for three weeks. When he did the functioning/strength test my right ankle is only functioning at 51%. He will not let me walk until it is 80% and no running until it is 90%. I will get tested again after five physical therapy sessions. I'm afraid this is going to be a longer process than I 'planned'.

1 comment:

Site Meter