and kids

and kids

Monday, September 14, 2009

Crazy Four

This past weekend I had an Expo at the Mall for my Greta's Beads business. There were a bunch of different businesses at different stations "sharing" their business with passerbys. It really was way out of my comfort zone to do such a thing, but maybe it was worth it? The day was ok, nothing grand in the sales department, but I did have a whole day without kids, hanging out with friends and making new friends. And I did hand out a lot of brochures, which usually results in a few sales down the road.

Anyway, my table was near a lady selling Wooden Brain Teasers. She had lots of different types of puzzles. I bought one called the Crazy Four. I don't think I can do it justice to try to explain it, but when you put all four cubes it in it's 'sleeve' you can see all four sides and you are trying to get each color on each side (I'm sure I just butchered that description). Here is what it looks like:

Capps is our child that we always challenge with these things because he is a puzzle person. He is a five-year-old ??? (still looking for the right description). He wanted to try it tonight and got it figured out in less than five minutes. No lie!! My parents were here for dinner and can testify (if a Grandparent's testimony is worth anything?).

Of course, he wanted a picture:

Jason said his nickname has just jumped from "Monkey" to our "Retirement". :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so sad that I missed the mall day! I need to be better at putting things on my calendar. Go Capps!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter