and kids

and kids

Friday, August 14, 2009

First two days of school!

The kids have had a great beginning to the school year. Daegan can't stop telling us all the exciting things about school. His teacher was very sweet to send the parents a picture of the class doing "I love you" in sign language halfway through the day yesterday. Tavis is glad to have a few of his close friends in his class - he actually brought home his lunchbox, but forgot to turn in the tissue box for his teacher. Today he found the skull of a squirrel on the playground, of course, that was exciting. Mollee, of course, was glad to be back to social world. I think she has heard me (and other 3rd grade moms) talk about the math being difficult this year. She said she had a good day, "And we didn't do any math".


Capps and Mac and I enjoyed our 'Pretzel Date' and then some time at the mall playground with cousins and friends and a little bit of shopping. I also decided to tackle a project that I didn't dare do while everyone was home.

We have a closet downstairs that is our storage/junk closet. We get a lot of hand-me-downs, which I love and will never complain about, but we have gotten a lot of things lately that are still a little too big for the kids. I just keep setting things in the closet and hope to get to it later - out of sight, out of mind. Plus, as the kids grow out of things I'm always just throwing a few things here and there.


I pulled everything out of the closet (yesterday and today), went through boxes and sorted into size/sex/season, goodwill pile and a pile of things to sell at a consignment sale that starts Sunday, (which means I had to tag all of those items for the sale).

Here is my closet now (you should have seen it before).I really love to organize and I'm so happy (is that sick?) to have everything labeled and easy to find.

Can you guess what kind of diapers we use?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter