and kids

and kids

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Date Night

It has been awhile since we had a date night. A long while.

The house that Jason has been working on this week is 55 minutes away. To make that much driving worth it, he has been working very long days and then has had a long drive home. Therefore, every night this week (even my birthday on Monday, but I'm not complaining...am I?) he has worked until about 8:00. Some nights he even missed seeing the kids, which I hated, but school nights can't be messed with.

Anyway, today we had a very lazy Saturday. This is something I'm not always good at, but I think I did a very good job today. I didn't do my Wal-Mart run this morning (which means I'll get to do it Monday with two kids) and I didn't do a few of the other errands I 'needed' to do. I drank coffee in bed and hung out with Jason until noon, made lunch, played with my new iPod shuffle (a b-day gift from Jason's brother and sister-in-law), took a nap and then Jason and I went out around 4:30.

We went to Target, The Chop House (which was good, but not really worth the money spent - I just really wanted a filet mignon and a good baked potato and that is what we came up with), and then we went browsing at Best Buy. We are exciting people, I know. It was just so nice to be with my hubby without a kid needing something...ya, know?

Ahhh, date night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter